Tuesday, September 11, 2007

reaping what i've sown, academically



Yesterday I accidentally ate at the stinky tofu restaurant. I saw the characters for 'tofu' outside and decided I could use some protein, since breakfast is either rice flour or wheat flour. As soon as I got inside, the waitress disbelievingly asked me if I was here to try some stinky tofu. This, too, is a regional specialty. I ate dutifully. If you think about it too much, it tastes like BO, but in a handsome sweaty male kind of way. Plus, they give you a sweet sauce and/or a spicy sauce, which makes the experience more palatable. One of the girls who worked there, was super excited to talk to me, and asked me how I liked it.

I asked her "how do you make stinky tofu?"

"well, first you put it in stinky water."

"what's in the stinky water?"

"oh, we don't actually know. We get that from somewhere else."

3 comments:

kelly said...

ROFLCOPTER

Unknown said...

Is it the same kind of stinky tofu we ate at that restaurant in wallingford? The one that the waitress made fun of Eli for not liking? I sure hope so...

Anonymous said...

I simply could not leave your website prior to suggesting
that I actually enjoyed the usual info an individual supply
in your visitors? Is gonna be again incessantly to check up on new posts

Look into my web-site :: by.dreamhosters.com